The Page Brothers Building stands next to the Chicago Theater on North State Street. Historically the building has the city’s last remaining cast iron front facade facing Lake Street. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in June, 1975, and was later designated a Chicago Landmark in January, 1983. Sollitt was hired by the Public Building Commission to completely renovate the upper four floors of the building and connect the two top floors to the Chicago Theater. The interiors where gutted and new HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems were installed. To connect the top two floors to the theater, structural steel framing was inserted and a new poured-in-place concrete deck was added to an existing loft space. Our team worked closely with the Chicago Theater’s and coordinated all work so that not to disrupt theater events and preserve all historical elements in the building. Additional work in the page Brothers Building included replace-
ment of the existing windows with new insulated historical replicas. All the interior spaces were built out to accommodate offices and commercial areas.
Public Building Commission of Chicago
Daniel P. Coffey & Associates
The George Sollitt Construction Company > 790 N. Central Avenue, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1266 > Phone (630) 860-7333
© The George Sollitt Construction Company. All Rights Reserved