Consulate General of the Republic of Poland
Cianciara Architects, Highland Park, IL
This structure was formerly a residence built by Mr. B.A. Eckhart in 1914. The Polish Consulate purchased the properties in 1970. Having achieved Landmarks status, all work planned for the structure had to be approved by the Commission of Chicago Landmarks. The challenge was to replicate 1914 construction with present day materials and craftsmen. This included repair of ornate plaster details, reconstructing deteriorated windows and doors, and returning the interior to its former splendor. The project included a connecting addition erected on a micro-pile foundation and constructed on a 60 foot wide lot between the four story Consulate and a two story garage. The new addition required the limestone to match on the original 1914 structure in all aspects along with masonry and historic limestone restoration.
The George Sollitt Construction Company > 790 N. Central Avenue, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1266 > Phone (630) 860-7333
© The George Sollitt Construction Company. All Rights Reserved